Graduate Research Assistant
Penn State University
Conducting research with Professor Anna Squicciarini to analyse how negative/violent ideologies spreads over large scale social network and also to build models to curb negative behaviour epidemics in online social networks.
Designed schema and deployed database on Amazon Web Services(AWS) RDS to analyse millions of tweets using Python, Pandas and SQLAlchemy.
Decreased 15% of system latency by optimising python scripts and SQL queries to load 2M records from database.
Identified groups of users with similar pattern of behaviour using various clustering algorithms(Sklearn, Matplotlib).
Increased accuracy from 0.80 to 0.95 by preprocessing data and performing various time series analysis in python.
January 2020 - Present
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Penn State University
Led a subset of students through a series of Digital Design and Verilog programming activities as part of a weekly 2 hours lab session for 4 different lab groups, resulting in a 100% class pass rate for students in my lab.
Aug 2019 – Jan 2020
Eurofins IT Solutions Pvt. LTD
- Revamped the application's backend from Monolithic app to Micro services Architecture using .NET Core, C# and REST APIs, resulting in increased scalability, faster deployments and improved fault isolation.
- Designed and implemented REST API’s to handle thousands of sample test requests using C#, JSON and Swagger.
- Redesigned and implemented the search engine from scratch using Elastic search, Kibana and C#, speeding up the loading time by 200%, thereby reducing wait time for search results from 3 minutes to 30 seconds.
- Resolved critical production issues to ensure high product quality, thereby reducing customer complaints by 40%.
- Achieved development velocity and code integrity by writing unit and continuous integration tests, increasing code coverage by 30% using NUnit and Moq for the REST APIs.
Aug 2017 - July 2019
Software Development Engineering Intern
Indian Space Research Organization
- Built satellite visualisation module for control dynamics simulation software using MATLAB, C, C++ and OpenGL.
- Led the development, integration and delivery of product among fellow intern team of three.
- Detected and eradicated design flaws by running simulations on various design alternatives.
Jan 2017 - April 2017